Monday, May 11, 2009

Lea and some bored prostitutes


I came upon this piece on deviantart. You gotta love the color pallet; those liquid earth tones and late night lamps that somehow always remind you of a place in Paris called Montmarte. But honestly, the work is not quite...  THERE. all the way. most of the way, but not all the way.
 The face of the red head on the left isnt quite human enough for me to identify with her (which I desperately want to do because, in a piece like this, half the joy is feeling sorry for the subject matter). It's not that her face isnt realistic enough - no no, many a shapeless abstract from in art history has come across as human. This one just doesnt.  Also the face of the woman on the right is somehow slightly affected by the anime/manga movement thats rampant among artists online. (myself included) This also takes from the work. 

Other than that I'm very happy with it and its digital brushstrokes. Skin pallets are gooey as they should be; the background pleases me- etc etc

oh hey, i need to do something for mothers day

0 comments:

Post a Comment