Friday, May 22, 2009

Lea the female



I for one enjoy these more than a gal should.  They're two images of five from a collection called "Eye Candy For Strangers" that I found on Deviantart. What they make me think of however is the feminist movement we've been going over in my art history and politics class. Why do women have such a problem with being appreciated as erotic? if you so have the beauty to be so, power to you; enjoy it. 

The female form is beautiful, seriously, there is no getting around it. So when I hear Greer mimiking a feminist whilst looking at some of the Closet Venus paintings, saying with a sneer on his face, "these depict women as an object of erotic fantasy!" etc etc. Well, the object part is no good, granted- so how about "these depict women as people of erotic fantasy"? 

oh, well, thank you young man!

Women are beautiful and I dont think they should get too riled when its depicted sensually for all to enjoy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment